Felix lost his sight temporarily and pneumonia due to being in the wet environment for too long. However, this cat has now recovered.
Geek reported that Felix’s one-year-old cat from Minnesota was trapped in the washing machine and had to undergo a full washing cycle.
According to CNN, on a laundry, Stefani Carroll-Kirchoff, Felix’s owner, forgot to check the washing tub. After finishing the 35-minute cycle in the fast-washing mode, she noticed that her clothes were still wet and were about to close the laundry door when suddenly a white foot peeked out.
Either way, Felix the cat got into the washing machine and slept here. After taking Felix out of the washing machine, Carroll-Kirchoff immediately took the cat to the Minnesota Animal Rescue Center for treatment.
Felix lost his sight temporarily and pneumonia due to being in the wet environment for too long. However, the cat survived and was recovering. Currently, Felix must breathe oxygen but the good news is that the cat’s eyesight has returned and can eat and drink.
“I was shocked in the last few days”, Carroll Carroll-Kirchoff told CNN. “I think I will have nightmare for this for the rest of my life.”
Carroll-Kirchoff’s daughter also initiated a campaign called GoFundMe for Felix to help pay medical bills up to $ 7,000. So far, this campaign has attracted an amount of $ 10,000.